Sunday, November 29, 2009

Will work for food...

This afternoon I got a call from my friend Allison, who (with her husband Russ) owns Camino, a great restaurant in Oakland. It seems someone, or something, removed the box that houses all of their phone lines from the side of the building. Their DSL and Fax lines were down and needed to be fixed before they started serving dinner. So I loaded up my truck, headed to O-Town, and two hours later order was restored.

Lucky me, Allison offered to buy me dinner for my assistance. I sat at the bar for a cocktail. Here is what they were offering this evening...
















I had the Tequila Reposado Cocktail, on recommendation of the Bartender. It was refreshing and damn tasty to boot!

I was then shown to my table, ordered the Lardo Toasts, some sparkling water and took a look at my choices for dinner. The menu here changes daily, here is what was offered this evening...




















I ordered the Salted Ling Cod, Potato and Leek Salad, the Grilled and Braised Duck and a glass of 2006 Stéphane Tissot-Trousseau Singulier with the help of my server


Everything was fantastic. The drinks, the meal, the service, the weather, all top notch! The funny thing is I was trying to go there for dinner last night, but it didn't happen. All is well that ends well I suppose. Thank you Russ and Allison!



No comments: